Food Network Host Sunny Anderson and Extended Stay America (ESA), the largest hotel chain with kitchens in every room, names Lauren Wyler “America’s Top Away From Home Cook,” announcing her Baja Fish Taco Tortas with Smoky Cilantro Slaw the winner of the brand’s national recipe contest be sure to check out the video below. Lauren won $5,000 and her recipe will also be featured in the Away From Home Cooking Cookbook with recipes, tips and tricks from the Food Network’s Sunny Anderson. This new cookbook will feature delicious recipes that are affordable and easy to cook whether you are travelling or at home.
Here is Lauren Wyler’s recipe. It sounds like it would taste good.
Baja Fish Taco Tortas with Smoky Cilantro Slaw
2 Tablespoons ranch dressing
1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
2 ripe avocados, peeled and pit removed
4 Tablespoons salsa verde
1 pound cod
1 teaspoon cumin
4 torta or bolillo rolls, split in half
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine the shredded cabbage, ranch dressing, hot sauce, chopped cilantro and ½ teaspoon salt. Stir until the slaw is well mixed.
2. In a small bowl place the peeled avocado, salsa verde and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using a fork, roughly mash and mix together.
3. Cut the lime in half. Take one of the halves and cut it into wedges to serve with the finished tortas.
4. Heat 2 Tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. While the pan is heating sprinkle the cod with the cumin, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. When the oil is hot, add the fish to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes. Flip the fish and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily and is opaque. Remove the pan from the heat and squeeze the half of lime over the fish.
5. To assemble, place the halved torta rolls on each plate. Spread each of the torta bottom evenly with the avocado spread, divide the fish evenly between each and then top each with the slaw. Serve with lime wedges.
- Savory Sweet Potato Salad
- Pan seared Pork Chops with Spinach Apple Honey Mustard Sauce and Rosemary New Potatoes
- Spiced Apricot Glazed Pork Chops
I have 5 copies of Away From Home Cooking Cookbook to giveaway to my readers. You must be 18+ US (48), DC. Leave a comment – have you ever stayed at an Extended Stay America Hotel? Extra entry for each way you follow Kaisy Daisy’s Corner. Giveaway end Oct 14th, 2014. Enter daily for more chances to win.
Please fill out the form HERE to enter.
“Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”