Everyone has a “Go To” dish. Something that you can put together without even thinking about it. Something that you would serve when people come over. For me it is my Cheddar Bacon Chicken. I am not even sure where I got the recipe any more. I think I combined a couple of them together. It has a few of my favorite things in it – Cheese and Bacon.
Cheddar Bacon Chicken
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp Worchester sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 chicken breast
- 4 tsp BBQ Sauce
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 pieces of bacon crumbled
- 2 green onions sliced
The first thing I do is mix the soy sauce, honey, grated ginger, minced garlic, Worchester Sauce and orange juice together. I used one of my new measuring cups from Good Cook to help me with my measuring. I love how the amounts are on the outside and the inside of the cup. Did you know if you spray your cup with cooking spray sticky items like honey come right out?
I also used a zester to grate my fresh ginger and used these great prep bowls to measure the amount I needed. I like that they have measurements in the bowl. Good Cook also has a wide variety of knives.
Next I placed the marinate in a plastic bag along with the chicken. I marinated it over night – but 4 hours is good.
After marinating I placed my chicken in a greased pan. I covered my pan with aluminum foil to make clean up easier.
While the chicken is cooking I like to cut up some veggies to serve with it. I used onions, zucchini and mushrooms. I sauteed them in some olive oil, butter and garlic. This is one of my favorite dishes to get extra veggies in my diet.
When the chicken is done I pull it out of the oven and let it sit a couple minutes. Then I take it out of the pan with another one of my Good Cook tools. Then top it with a few green onions.
The reason for the Signature Dish is so I can show you all of the great tools I have in my kitchen drawer. I love kitchen drawers don’t you? My mom has this one big drawer between the fridge and oven ~ it always had a lot of fun gadgets in it. I remember it had her cookie cutters and a lot of other fun things.
Good Cook is having a contest right now. Build Your Kitchen Drawer and I received 15 items to put in My Kitchen Drawer. Here is what is my idea Kitchen Drawer.
Look at all of the fun things I have. I will tell you about each one and what I used them for!
1. Grater, Fine Zester – I love this grater. I used it to grate my fresh ginger in my recipe – it will be great for grating zest off fruit. I didn’t know this but the cover can be put on the other side to catch all that you grate. *
2. Wood Pastry & Basting Brush Set – I like to use these to put BBQ sauce on when grilling or cooking. They are great to use to baste your food too. I used this on my dish to put the BBQ sauce on the chicken. *
3. Touch Stainless Steel Turner – This steel turner is on of my favorite items I use for cooking. It is the perfect size for taking things out of pans such as cake, bars, enchiladas really anything. It is easy to clean and looks like new no matter how much I use it. *
5. Serrated Cook’s Knife 5 1/2” – This knife also is great for cutting up veggies. I used it along with the one above to see which one worked better for me. I liked the feel of this knife when I was chopping but they both are great to use. *
6. Mini Chef’s Knife – This knife is great to use for mincing and I used it for the garlic in my recipe. *
7. Precision Timer – I couldn’t live without a timer. I often get busy and even forget I have something in the oven. This one is good because it has a magnet and can be put on the fridge. It can also be used as a stop watch! *
8. Corn Skewer – I have always wanted these to help hold on to a hot ear of corn. I remember when I was little my family would have a big corn roast and invite the neighbors. We didn’t have corn holders back then and they sure would have helped.
9. Prep Bowls – These are great! They have measurements on the inside of the bowl. They are from 1/4 cup up to 2 cups. Prefect way to get all your ingredients ready for a recipe. *
10. Collapsible Funnel – bit hard to see but I like how flat the funnel gets – easy to store in a drawer. This will be used for many things.
11. Deluxe Melamine Lasagna Server – I have been looking for one of these for a long time. I will be able to serve a nice big piece of Lasagna with this. I haven’t used this yet but it looks like it would clean up easy.
12. Silicone Whisk 10″ Red – I have been looking for a new whisk my old one had seen better days. I used this to whip eggs this morning for french toast. It worked great!
13. Bottle Spatula – This spatula is made to get products out of small mouthed bottles. I use it to get mayo or mustard out of containers. I like the size its perfect!
14. Measure from above 3 piece Liquid Measuring Cup Set – I love these! The measurement are on the outside and the inside of the cup. Who ever thought of this must be a genius!
15. Nylon 2 Piece Kitchen Scrub Brush Set – Great brushes they really work well to clean my pots and pans. They look like they are pretty durable and will last a long time.*
* used in my making my signature meal.
You can Win my Drawer starting tomorrow at GoodCook.com
If you like Good Cook on Facebook you have a chance to participate in the first 5-day Kitchen Gadget Giveaway starting June 2 – June 7 and win selected products that can be added to your drawer.
Starting June 2, 2014 you have a chance to build your own ideal Kitchen Drawer filled with the Good Cook tools and gadgets that you pick. Visit goodcook.com and choose up to 15 items from selected Good Cook products to create their ideal kitchen drawer then enter to win everything they selected. If they can’t decide what they want, they can let our Kitchen Experts help – simply choose one of our featured Kitchen Expert Blogger Drawers (like mine) and enter it for a chance to win.
Every drawer has a chance to win an instant prize, and participants can submit a new drawer every day for a chance to win. Look for the “Add Me” icon below on any participating product and add that item to their drawer. There is also 25% off select items on GoodCook.com. Make sure to enter today. Let me know if you win ~ Good Luck!