Do you have cardboard boxes and packaging left over from the holidays? Don’t throw them away! Upcycling these boxes to give them a new life, instead, it is a fun and environmentally-friendly option. That is if you can get them before your cat does. Jasper just loves boxes.
TheSoul Publishing – one of the leading content providers on YouTube – has several creative hacks to turn a cardboard box into aesthetically pleasing and 100% recycled home storage. These crafty hacks, which can be found in this video. Here are two that would be easy to make.
Here is a cute way to store notebooks, journals and books. It’s easy to do – just follow these directions.
- Use a sharp knife or scissors to cut a shoebox in half diagonally
- Use contact paper or tightly adhered wrapping paper to completely cover the remaining cardboard
- Adhere the long sides of the remaining sections together, back to back
- Use to store books, office supplies, and more!
- Using a scissors, cut a long, narrow box (such as a perfume box or toothpaste box) in half.
- Glue or tape the two sides together, so that both holes face up
- Using a hot glue gun, glue paper straws cut in half along the perimeter of the box
- Set on your desk to hold pencils!
There is lots more you can do to up-cycle left over boxes. Have fun seeing what you can create. I would love to see what you come up with.