Complete Guide to Bible Journaling: Creative Techniques to Express Your Faith (Fox Chapel Publishing) by designer, inspirational speaker, and author of the Zenspirations® book series Joanne Fink introduces a powerful new way to engage with Scripture through art. Along with co-author Regina Yoder, who is a women’s ministry leader, the pair offers lettering, drawing, painting, and crafting techniques and inspirations to provide artistic new ways to reflect on Scripture.
Both Fink and Yoder are currently available for interviews and can discuss
- Simple ways to hand-letter and illustrate your favorite verses
- Tips and techniques for using stencils, colored pencils, watercolors, acrylic paints, rubber stamps, washi tape, and more
- How Bible journaling is a unique way to connect passion and faith
- Examples from Bible journalers who report that Bible journaling provides opportunities to deepen faith
- How the Bible journaling trend took off, after the rise of the coloring book craze, and opened a welcoming and warm community of crafters
- How some crafters choose to illustrate directly within their Bibles and how some choose to illustrate on paper next to their Bible
I love to doodle and draw. I was excited to start Journaling. The Complete Guide to Bible Journaling: Creative Techniques to Express Your Faith has so many pages of helpful information. I like the sections on different medias. The book gives you examples of lettering and layouts are great! I also like the section that has featured artist. They talk about how they started journaling and their love of the Bible.
Throughout the book there are lots of ideas and tips. Another favorite is the bonus section – there are stickers, tabs, journaling and vellum designs. I am having so much fun designing page after page. It is so much fun to sit down and draw. It helps me relax and I actually can draw better than I thought!
You can buy your own copy below and start Bible Journaling today!
“Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”