This time of year I love everything pumpkin – pumpkin pie, pumpkin cake, pumpkin bread, well I could go on and on. I have been really trying not to eat those kinds of things. With the help of Yonanas, a small kitchen gadget that turns frozen fruits into an “ice cream” texture I can have something that is better for me, Pumpkin Pie Yonanas. The Yonanas easily creates yummy tasting treats by adding any combination of frozen fruits like over-ripe bananas, berries, or mango to the chute for a smooth “ice-cream” like taste. Here is a recipe for you to try that is healthy and taste great!
Pumpkin Pie Yonanas
· 2 frozen over-ripe bananas
· 3 frozen spiced pumpkin cubes (see step 1 below)
· 1/3 cup ginger snap cookies (crumbled)
1. Make the Spiced Pumpkin Cubes in advance: In a bowl, combine one 15 oz. can pumpkin puree with 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp ground cinnamon and ½ tsp ground nutmeg. Spoon spiced pumpkin puree into ice cube trays and freeze. One spiced pumpkin cube is approximately 1 oz. Makes approximately 15 cubes.
2. Slightly thaw your frozen fruit prior to putting through your yonanas maker.
3. Insert one frozen banana
4. Add 3 oz. frozen spiced pumpkin cubes
5. Insert second frozen banana
6. Sprinkle crumbled ginger snap cookies on top, and enjoy!