It’s National Spumoni Day! This Italian dessert is made from layers of ice cream, whipped cream, candied fruit, and nuts. It is typically made with three layers of flavor: chocolate, pistachio, and cherry. Each layer of ice cream is mixed with fruits and nuts. Spumoni should always be sliced, never scooped. First made in Naples you can find it in any large Italian communities.
Did you know that more than 45 billion pounds of potatoes are harvested in the U.S. each year? Have your potatoes your favorite way to celebrate National Potato Day! Here is one of my favorite recipes.
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion flakes
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 ounces extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soup, sour cream, butter, dried onion flakes, and pepper. Stir in the hash browns and 1/2 the cheese. Pour into the prepared baking dish, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and top with crushed cornflakes.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Hosted by I Am A Reader, Not A Writer & The Elliott Review
August 17th to 22nd
This was a really cute story and makes you believe in love. Once I started reading it I didn’t want to put it down.
Sunnyva “Sunny” Fletcher is a sweet happy girl, the kind everyone likes. She is kind, loving and compassionate character even though she is having some financial problems, but not because of her doing. Sunny takes any job she can even being a princess at an amusement park working for an employer that is not that easy to work for, that is until she is fired for being late after help some lost children find there workaholic father.
After losing her job she is desperate to find another job. She runs into the Sam Calloway who happens to be an internet guru at the coffee shop with his children, these are the same children she had helped at the amusement park. He is looking for a nanny to help him out while in town. Sunny talks him into hiring her on a trial bases to see how she does. The children love Sunny and she ends up working for Sam. There are some sparks between Sam and Sunny – you will need to read the book to find out what happens. I would love to know more about Sam and Sunny and hope there is sequel.