One of my favorite things to make in the kitchen is appetizers. I love to try little bits of things and have a wide variety of different items. One of my new favorite things to make is these Crispy Taco Rolls. They are going to be perfect for the Super Bowl. There are a couple things I love about these Crispy Taco Rolls. They are bake so low in calorie and you can make them up ahead of time and bake them when you are ready to serve.
|Crispy Taco Rolls|| |
- 8-10 egg roll wrappers
- ½ pound taco flavored ground beef
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup slice onions
- ¼ cup dice tomatoes
- ¼ cup slice olives
- Oven should be preheated to 425
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray
- Place one egg roll wrapper on flat surface ~ I laid it down so it looks like a diamond
- Spoon 2 tablespoons meat in center
- Top with cheese, onions, tomatoes and olives
- Lightly wet the edges of the wrapper with water
- Fold the wrapper in half by taking the bottom corner up to the top and press together
- Wet the sides a bit more and fold the bottom side corners in and then roll the rest up so it forms a nice round shape
- Place rolls on prepared pan, spray lightly with cooking spray
- Bake 6 minutes and turn the rolls over
- Bake another 5-6 minutes until they are golden brown.
After making the taco meat I cut up all my veggies using one of my favorite kitchen tools my Nonstick 4″Paring Knife from Good Cook. Here is how it looks while you are filling the Crispy Taco Rolls. See how the wrapper is laying flat on my Non-Slip Flexible Cutting Board from Good Cook. After it is filled is when we roll it up.
I put aluminum foil on top of my Good Cook 12″ x17″ x 1″ cookie sheet and sprayed it for easy clean up. Then baked my Crispy Taco Rolls. These will be served with salsa, guacamole and sour cream on Super Bowl Sunday.
You can make other variations of these crispy rolls – try your favorite combinations like turkey, Swiss cheese, bacon and a bit of ranch dressing or maybe chicken, mozzarella and spaghetti sauce. What combinations do you think sound good?